Statement of Privacy
The Greengrocer’s Diet is a product of The Food Coach. The Food Coach ("we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting your privacy. As a visitor or member of this website, you are interested in losing weight. We understand that weight is a very personal and private matter and that personal information is provided in confidence. We recognise the importance of your privacy and respect your right to control how personal information is collected and used.
We use the internet as a tool to provide prospective and registered customers with access to information to help them on The Greengrocer’s Diet. You can travel through some of the website without giving us any information about yourself.
Collecting Your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you including your name, date of birth, address, telephone or mobile phone number or email address ("personal information").
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your email address), we may not be able to provide you with the services or information you require.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- directly from you, for example, when you submit your personal details through our website (e.g., when you sign up to become a member of The Greengrocer’s Diet, or The Greengrocer’s Diet newsletter, or when you opt in to receive marketing materials from us);
- when you visit our website; and
- when legally required to do so.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- allow you to log into our website;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- research and develop our services;
- improve the content on our website and to help us understand how people are using our services; and/or
- gain an understanding of your information and content needs.
We may also use your personal information to promote and market our services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services, special offers and updated information. If you do not wish for us to contact you to promote and market products, services, special offers and updated information to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
In order to deliver the services you require we may need to disclose your personal information to organisations outside of The Food Coach. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Help Us To Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends on a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by advising us by email at email@example.com
You Can Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.